Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sometimes Coaches make no sense


Okay this one is more for me to just vent than anything. I am so angry with Tyler's coaches. And I promise I am not just being another one of those angry, complaining parents that gripe about everything.I think I have a legitimate reason here...
His coaches who are supposed to be "role models" do nothing but give him a very bad example of how to treat people. Oh, don't get me wrong they do teach him some things....
1. That no matter how hard you work for something or how much time and effort you put into it that it does no good and you get nothing for it in return.
2. That it's okay for people in authoritative positions to lie as long as it works out okay for them.
3. That it's okay to play favorites and intentionally lie and hurt people's feelings.
Those are some great life lessons for him to learn. Hopefully he doesn't put to use any of these great traits he has seen lived out through them.
Don't get me wrong, I know my son isn't the star of the team, but he is good and he's a senior. He has paid his dues, broken bones for sake of the sport, rebroken the same bones trying to get back in the game, worked 3 jobs over the summer, attended every workout, every practice, got praised repeatedly but when it comes down to it his mom isn't a teacher, administrator, or we don't hang out with the coaches so he gets lied to. I'm not even really complaining about the time he does or doesn't get to play. What angers me is the fact that they lie to him constantly making promises and building him up only to let him down time and time again. The way I look at it is this..
IF YOU DON'T INTEND ON DOING WHAT YOU SAY DON'T TELL HIM YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT! KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL INSTEAD OF MAKING PROMISES YOU AREN'T GOING TO KEEP!
He's a good kid and does everything they ask and I just don't get why they feel the need to do him that way.
There.... I feel better now... lol

0 comments: